2012 ELSEVIER MEETING
'Rivers through Geological Time'
October 13 and 14
Royal Albert Memorial Museum, Exeter
Organizers: Jenny Bennett, David Bridgland, Rosemary Stewart, Richard Scrivener
Speakers and talks will include:
- Meeting overview and earliest Earth rivers
- Torridonian rivers
- Old Red Sandstone rivers
- Carboniferous and Recent deltas of Bideford Bay
- Rivers of the New Red Sandstone
- Fluvial deposits as repositories of fossils
- Role of fluvial deposits as oil reservoirs
- Fluvial deposits as archives of geomorphology
- Fluvial archives, crustal rheology and solid Earth mechanisms
- Fluvial archives as evidence for landscape evolution
- The Palaeolithic Rivers of SW Britain:
ALSF Project - Laura Basell
Holocene (fluvial processes) - Tony Brown
Holocene (geoarchaeology) - Andy Howard
- Exeter and its river
Further contributions invited for oral or poster presentations.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
2013 ELSEVIER MEETING
'Onshore-Offshire Geology, the vital link'
September 21st and 22nd
2010 Warm Climates Conference