A great opportunity for imaginative photography! Geology is all around us impacting on our daily lives. It’s in our shopping baskets, our homes and our streets as well as on mountains, volcanoes, beaches and quarries.
Send us your chosen photographs (up to 3) on any geological topic. These will be put on display at the Festival of Geology, University College London on 3 November 2017.
First Prize £100, Second Prize £50, 3rd Prize £25.
Your entries will also be considered for inclusion in the 2019 GA Calendar which will be on sale at the Festival and may be published in the Geologists’ Association magazine and used for publicising and promoting the work of the Association (full credit will be given).
Competition Rules (please note closing date)
1. Amateur photographers only. But otherwise open to all – not just GA members.
2. Closing date for the competition is Friday 14 September 2018.
3. Maximum three entries per individual.
4. Maximum size A4. If your photo(s) are digital, in addition to printed versions please email each of your entries (the highest resolution you have) to the GA office (email@example.com).
5. Photos may have been taken at any time but must not have been entered into a previous GA photographic competition.
6. The GA would like to include photos from the competition in the 2019 GA Calendar which will be on sale at the Festival of Geology.
7. The organisers cannot accept responsibility for entries lost or damaged in the post.
8. A signed entry form must be securely attached to the back of each entry.
9. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Judging will take place after the closing date and prizes will be presented at the Festival of Geology at University College London on 3 November 2018 where all the entries will be displayed.
11. The GA reserves the right to publish photos in their publications, on line and in its promotional material. However, copyright remains with the photographer and full credit will be given.
12. We regret that entries cannot be returned unless accompanied by an s.a.e.
Geology Photographic Competition Entry Form
(Can also be downloaded here)
Title of Photograph:
Location of photograph (if applicable):
When it was taken (if known):
Mobile telephone No.:
I agree to abide by the Competition Rules (please sign here):
Please attach this form securely to the reverse of the photograph and send to: GA Photographic Competition, The Geologists' Association, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J 0DU.
If your photo(s) are digital, please also email a high resolution image of each entry to the GA office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach this form securely to the reverse of the photograph and send to:
GA Photographic Competition, The Geologists' Association, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J 0DU.
Tel: 020 7434 9298; Email: email@example.com